Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What? Where? When?

..That is how I feel during the summer. Not really sure what the dates are, but knowing they are flying by, nonetheless. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would blog over the summer. It sort of goes along the same lines of frequenting the gym during the summer...great intentions, but it just doesn't happen. There are more important things to do: going to the pool, going to the beach, sleeping in, gardening, enjoying life sans schedule and just being us. Each year that goes by, I enjoy summer more and more. I even start to feel that uncontainable excitement I felt when I was young and the last day of school finally approached. It was such a feeling of freedom and pure happiness. Although schedules are good, there is something about the leeway of summer that makes me so content. So, as August is approaching, I am trying to get my mind into all things "normal", which includes blogging. I'll be back soon, I promise. XO

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Well said...and so true! I feel as giddy as a kid in a candy store too when summertime is here! ;) Hope to see you soon - love you girl!

Sally said...

Nice to see you back in action! Hope you all are having fun at the beach! Next summer I intend on being a little more laid back - if it is in my blood. Love ya, S

Anonymous said...

I love going to the gym, but something about this summer has made it so difficult to get there. It has been nice though. My oldest starts kindergarten in August, so I am in for the beginnings of a real school year as a mom now! (I used to be a teacher..now I'll be on the other side.)