President Obama is pretty popular with the girls in our house. The three year olds are quick to talk about him and point him out on television or in the paper. But to them, he is "Rock A Bama". Yesterday I heard this from the living room, "There's Rock A Bama and his hair looks craaazy". Interesting, I thought, I didn't know his hair was capable of crazy. What do I know.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Today will be dedicated to movies. Let me start by saying that I am not a huge movie watcher. I love a good movie just like the next person, but I do not go to the movies very often and sometimes it is hard to take two hours out of the day to sit in front of a DVD. I am the type of person that has paid a ton of money in late fees for movies that I never got around to watching. I have one basic qualifier to narrow down my list: it has to be a movie that I would watch again and again. There are tons of wonderful movies out there, like Titanic, Forrest Gump, etc.; but after seeing them a few times, I'm done. I'll shut up now and get on with it.
In no particular order:
- Pretty Woman I don't think that one needs an explanation, it's just good
- Pulp Fiction So many great lines and you can watch it again and again and catch something you missed the last time
- Roman Holiday A classic from 1953 with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
- Romeo and Juliet I love Zeffirelli's version from 1968 and always though Olivia Hussey was so beautiful in the movie. Baz Luhrman's version from 1996 was plain genius as well.
- Dirty Dancing It pulls at my nostalgic heart strings taking me back to 1987.
- Once A love story set during a week in Dublin...wonderful music.
- Before Sunrise & Before Sunset Although they are two movies, they follow the same characters and are full of raw dialogue.
- Mamma Mia I actually saw this twice at the theatres, so you know it must be good.
- Juno Ellen Page is so darn funny in this movie.
- Pride and Prejudice I love the Keira Knightley version
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
You can find this at J.Crew and although it's not bright and springy, I love the detail on the shoulders. It looks perfect with the sandals and it also comes in other colors.
Also J.Crew. The top part is something I could come up with out of my closet, but I really would like a pair of white jeans, they seem to be everywhere these days. This looks like the perfect airplane outfit, just throw on a cardigan.
No bikinis for me, but I think this one is really cute from Juicy. I would never in a million years pay that much for a bathing suit, but it's still cute.