Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nie Nie


When I first started reading blogs about two and half years ago I stumpled upon Stephanie Nielson's blog and unsuprisingly, it became a daily must-read. She is the type of person that you would love to be friends with. She dazzled me with her style, the intense love she shared with her husband and four children, her love of God, her craftiness and all those yummy-looking healthy meals she prepared. My family and friends can attest that when I found out about her and her husband's plane crash, I was stunned. I really could not quit thinking or talking about it. I still can't. Stephanie and Christian are in a burn unit in Arizona, still in critical condition. Stephanie has burns on 80% of her body and Christian 30% and they have months of recovery. The way Stephanie's blog touched me seemed to have to same effect on so many others. Bloggers have raised over $115,000 dollars to go towards their medical bills and even the national media has picked up on their story (see NYTimes article and Today Show).




Stephanie's sisters have been caring for her four children, keeping her blog running with archived posts and updating so many on Stephanie and Christian's progress as well as how the children are faring. What a wonderful family they are blessed with. But, they still need our prayers.




Stephanie's sister's blog, cjanerun is updated daily with reports on the Nielson family.

No comments: