Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dreaming of Green


Our Vegetable Garden, originally uploaded by weathertation.

Spring is here and once again, I want a garden! Before we moved to this house four years ago, we had a beautiful garden. Nothing thrilled me more than to wake up early, put my boots on and head out there with my coffee. It was a lot of work, but so worth it! Our yard at our current house is a lot smaller and does not get the same amount of sunlight, so I have been a bit timid to take the plunge not knowing what the outcome may be. I'll keep you posted...

However, it is exciting that gardening is coming back around. With the economy and the aim to eat locally grown foods, a lot more people seem to be starting a garden. Where we live it has mainly been the older folks that have been gardening their entire lives. But thankfully that is changing. Gardening is en vogue, even the First Lady is doing it! So, come on Recessionistas, manicures are expensive anyway, let's just get our hands dirty!

3 comments:

Alison Purple said...

Wow. You certainly had an awesome garden in that pic. I just posted about my lil' garden yesterday...

Danielle said...

Actually, that picture was from flickr. Believe it or not, I didn't have a digital camera 4 years ago, so digging out pictures just isn't happening. Not to boast, but our garden was about 5 times that big. I need to check out your post, I'm behind as always :-)

shannon said...

I am also dreaming of having a veggie/herb garden. Most of our sun is in the front yard...some on the side. We did put two tomato plants in the bed (usually planted with flowers) in the front yard by our driveway. I am working on some plans right now.
Will let you know what happens...we will have to get together and enjoy the "fruits" of our labor this summer.