Monday, September 14, 2009

Confession

I have a confession to make. Are you ready? I watch a soap opera. Guiding Light, to be exact. As a child I spent a lot of time with both sets of my grandparents and it was a given that during the weekday afternoons the TV would be turned to CBS soap operas. Sometimes when the girls are watching Spongebob or iCarly, I don't feel so bad knowing what I was watching at their age. So, Guiding Light has been with me for a looong time. All that is about to change this week as Guiding Light goes off the air after 72 years. Maybe the plot lines are zany. Maybe the way they have recently started shooting outside is too far from the set-driven world of soap operas. Whatever the case I am still going to miss these people, I've been around them (or their ancestors) for most of my life. Farewell Springfield, thanks for making my life seem so normal and boring at times. Thanks for making me feel smart when I would predict what would happen on the show before it actually occurred. I'll miss you.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Oh Man! I can't believe they are wrapping up for good! My babysitter watched them when she babysat us - I was in gradeschool!