Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Star Sapphire


I remember going and getting Domino's pizza and taking it to the park and eating it on the hood of my dad's car....just me and him. Father-Daughter Date. How lucky I was! There is nothing better in this world than a girl feeling like they are the apple of their daddy's eye. For me, I felt like the apple and the pie. Always.




This past year I ignored the date of my dad's death in many ways...on my blog, to those important to me. Definitely not in my heart, but I did feel if I did not verbally acknowledge it, it would sneak away just like any other day. So I made ammends in my mind to make up for it on his birthday. I struggle in my mind whether it is important to celebrate the point where one joins the earth or leaves it. There is something to be said for both, but thinking about my dad on his birthday evokes more happy memories.


So, Happy 65th Birthday, Daddy! I love you and miss you!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Beautiful, Danielle...and I love your photo!

Scarlett said...

Oh, how he loved you. It was evident whenever you two were together. How lucky we are that we get to keep that love. Happy Birthday to your sweet, sweet Daddy!!

Allison said...

That is the sweetest picture, Danielle! Happy Birthday to your Daddy (((HUGS)))