Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow on the Brain


Snow on Second Street, originally uploaded by The Loopweaver.

Different days evoke different feelings for me. Monday is that "back to the grind" kind of feeling. While Saturdays are usually energetic and free! Sundays around here involve church in the morning and utter relaxation in the afternoon. Fridays, of course is doughnut day, but it also has an overall feeling of anticipation for the weekend. This Friday is full of even more anticipation because they are calling for snow. Around here, that is exciting! (We even had doughnuts with snowflake sprinkles today)

When I think about snow, I think about two things: fun and food. They seem to go hand-in-hand, you have to have food after you've had all that fun in the snow (along with hot chocolate). So last night I made my weekend menu and I thought I would share.

Friday Night: Chicken Scallopine, Creamy Grits with Sweet Corn and Green Beans with Almonds
Saturday Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls, Eggs and Bacon
Saturday Dinner: Beef Stew, Something Green and Bread
Sunday: Chicken stuffed with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ricotta, Salad

There will be yummies in our tummies and many memories made during this (hopefully) snow-filled weekend.

2 comments:

shannon said...

I too plan food in relation to the weather (sometimes)...we had penne w/ spicy sausage and broccolini..tomorrow grandparents (in the neighborhood) making some veggie soup ....and Sunday I am making gumbo....really good gumbo. I love food! this will be a fun weekend!

Danielle said...

Yum, the penny with spicy sausage sounds awesome. Will your kids eat it? Regardless, it sounds delish!