Monday, December 1, 2008

Hot Mama-Not

Yesterday I was trying to take a nap when I heard my oldest ask the hubby, "Why is mommy's name Hot Mama on the Wii". In case you have never played a Wii, you create characters for yourself with a name, etc. I'm not going to defend my choice of name, but it was just one of those things that happened on a whim. Well, her question didn't stop there, she finished it by stating, "Why is mommy's name Hot Mama on the Wii, because she's not hot!". With a dagger painfully placed in my heart I rolled over and wished for sleep to come more quickly. But no, their conversation persisted, kind of like this...
Hubby: Yes, she is
Daughter: No, she isn't
Hubby: She is (knowing I could overhear this conversation)
Daughter: I mean, she's not all that

O.K., I am secure enough in myself to not be bothered if people think I am attractive or not, BUT, I thought that your first-born would be your biggest, most loving, unwavering fan. Don't all 7 year olds think their mommy is beautiful? Don't answer that question. So, tonight she will be eating chicken livers and brussel sprouts...that'll show her.

1 comment:

Alison Purple said...

ahahahaha! What a great story. So cute! I love your revenge ; )