Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday..

Daddy! I imagine he is celebrating his big day in a huge way. Probably eating danishes for breakfast, a corned beef sandwich for lunch sprinkled with a good book, some dancing for good measure and a peek down at his beloved grandgirls. For the first few years, I would celebrate Dad's day by going to his favorite local restaurant and enjoying his favorite sandwich. But, since Dad's taste never favored the healthier side of things, I am going to pass today and enjoy it in spirit. Although my feelings are not as raw, I miss my dad in a way that I never thought possible. Happy Birthday Dad!

4 comments:

smallwash said...

Happy Birthday Doug!!
We miss you so much.

Sally said...

I'm thinking about you! Love and hugs!

Alison Purple said...

He is a special, special man! Here's a big hug for you.

brightvalleyjrts said...

He was a wonderful man!! I know he is shining down on you and the girls. Happy Birthday Doug!