Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slipping

On the phone with my BFF this morning, part of the conversation went a little bit like this..

Her: You need to update your blog.
Me: I know, I know. I just don't have anything interesting to write about.
Her: Just write about what you have been doing that day, your readers would like that.
Me: That is so boring, no one wants to hear about that stuff.

So, as my resolutions are slipping through my fingers at a fast pace, I have heeded her advice so I don't feel like such a failure with keeping my blogging promise. After all, it is still January...I haven't even made it a month.

My Yesterday
Wake up, see we all have something in common.
Go let the darlins' out of their room since I keep them locked in there during the nighttime hours.
My sweet hubby had prepared the coffee, I just had to press the button.
Take the dog out. Feed dog.
Make chocolate milk, an everyday occurence (they're spoiled).
Pass out Pop-Tarts (I'm spoiled...hehe. No, sometimes they do get a nutritious breakfast).
Drink my coffee while checking my e-mail.
Beg the oldest to get dressed, brush her teeth, stuff that I shouldn't have to remind her about.
Make lunches.
Pack bookbags.
Get myself dressed.
Get the lil' darlins dressed without too much of a fight because I told them they could get on the computer if they were nice.
Run up and down the stairs a bunch of times looking for ballet shoes.
Tell them it's time to go 45 times.
Try to get in the car without raising my voice (I'm sure my next door neighbor thinks I'm an evil mom).
Drive the oldest to school.
Drop the lil' ones off.
Drop the cable box off.
Eat a salad because I forgot to eat breakfast.
Go to the gym.
Go to the library.
Pick the lil' darlins +1 up from Playschool.
Manipulate the girls into taking a nap by promising pudding when they wake up.
Laundry, house stuff.
Shower, get dressed.
Girls get up.
Lil Darlin' A has put on a summer dress that she refuses to take off, temper tanture ensues.
The fact that it is cold, rainy and winter does not change her mind, she does not want to wear the same dress she wore to school.
I struggle to change her clothes reminding her of the pudding.
Girls eat pudding (I know, A shouldn't have any, but she DID take a nap)
A spills pudding on her dress and I secretly wonder if it was on purpose.
Change her into another dress, but NOT the summer one.
Get in the car.
Pick oldest up from dance.
Rush to get to church on time for dinner.
Eat dinner with family at church.
Go home.
Give darlins' a bath.
Read them a book, put them to bed.
Check the oldest darlins' homework.
Put on PJs, pour a glass of wine and watch American Idol.
Hubby puts oldest to bed.
Read my book.
Go to sleep.


Wasn't that fun? See I told you it wasn't that exciting..

No comments: