Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Books, Glorious Books

I have never been the type that easily parts with my books. In fact, I have always wanted a huge library room of books with one of those rolling ladders. I believe it goes beyond the fact that I love to read, but essentially, I love everything about a book. The art on the cover, the feel of turning the page, the smell of a new book, or even the smell of a really old book. I have always found solace in surrounding myself with books, whether it be at home, the library or a good bookstore. Therefore, I haven't embraced the technology of the Kindle or ebooks. Part of me thinks it is really amazing, but a bigger part of me is firmly rooted in the beauty of a good ole' book. I like the fact that someone can visit my house and gain a bit of insight into who I am by looking at my bookshelf. I like to think I'm fairly progressive in a lot of ways, but when it comes to books, I'm as old-fashioned as they come, which is fine by me.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Lovely post - well said...I'm with ya...love my books too! ;)