Friday, August 21, 2009

Glamourous


Have you seen the latest issue of Glamour magazine? Apparently this photo has garnered tons of positive attention from readers who identify with a model that isn't stick thin. Not only that, but the portrayal of a woman who is comfortable in her own skin, curves and all. My generation, my mom's generation and definitely my daughter's generation is deeply impacted by body image. Some want to look younger, some thinner, and the youth seem to dress far beyond their years. Because the majority of women are so misrepresented by Hollywood and print ads, etc., we are conditioned to think that "they" are the norm. But I think most of us know that the model in this photo is more on target than a size 0 supermodel. Beauty is individual and we are all so different. Thanks Glamour magazine for reminding us.

4 comments:

shannon said...

Bravo Glamour magazine....now if we could just see more of this real representation of women!!!

smallwash said...

Maybe I need to renew my subscription with Glamour again.
It's nice to see a real woman in print instead of pencil thin girls.

Kasey said...

Here Here! She is beautiful - I love it...great post!! I don't read Glamour...but...perhaps I will start! Thanks for sharing, D!

Sally said...

I so love this photo!