Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Brrrrrrr.....it is cold in Charlotte. Considering that the holidays are right around the corner, the weather is appropriate for getting in the spirit. The chill makes me want to curl up by a fire with some hot chocolate and listen to Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong's version of "Baby It's Cold Outside". I can not believe next week is Thanksgiving (I will be saying this about every major and minor event in my life from here on out because time just flies by way too fast). This year we will be spending the holiday in the mountains, where it will be really cold. I'm praying for some snowflakes while we're there. We do not ever see snow on Christmas, so Thanksgiving will do in a flash. Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite meals of the year....turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry sauce, bread. Personally, that's all I need to feel complete, but there will be so much more. Sweet Potato Pie, Collards, Corn, the list goes on. Do you have a food that defines Thanksgiving for you, without it the day just would not feel the same?

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Everything you listed! :)

It is cold here in the big K too. We even had flurries today!

Hope you guys have a magical Thanksgiving in the mountains!! Sounds perfect to me.