Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Decision Day

I don't think I have ever been so excited about an Election Day! Even when I voted for my first Presidential Election (and waited in line for 4 hours), I didn't feel like this. I am sporting my red, white and blue today and am feeling really upbeat. It is quite infectious to see so many people exercising their right to vote and being proactive about our country's direction. Lucky for me, North Carolina had early voting with massive turnouts; so many people had already voted that I did not have to wait one minute. When I got back home the oldest darlin' tried to rip my 'I Voted' sticker off my shirt to give it to a whiny younger sister and I almost came out of my chair. "I am proud to wear this sticker and you are not taking it off," I yelled. Then she shrugged and said: "What's the big deal?" I thought to myself, she has a lot to learn!

No comments: