Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Heart NYC-Part 2


I know, it's about time I finish this. In case you missed Part 1, you can always go back and look at the older posts. I pick up on Sunday morning, my BFF's birthday! Let me give you a little bit of background: when we were planning this trip I mentioned that I would like to take a trapeze class (which resulted in a few eye-rolling looks from the hubby and a "I already know she's crazy" kind-of-look from the BFF). But I convinced them to look at the video on the website and they came on over to my side. The hubby still wants to take a trip to NYC and do the trapeze class. Sally decided to share the experience with me and make it a birthday she would not soon forget. It was a beautiful morning and we arrived at the Piers for our outdoor class. We harnassed up and received instruction and then we were off. I was so dang nervous and wondering why I ever came up with this great idea! Everyone that went before me made it look so easy, so I ventured up the ladder to take my turn. First of all, the bar is so heavy and I must have major trust issues because I felt like the instructor was going to let go of me before it was time to fly. They give you a cue to fly and I was the only participant that could not go when they told me to. But I finally did and all was good. I was able to hang by my legs and do a catch at the end. BUT, I was a crazy mess. I was shaking so bad between turns that poor Sally never got a good picture because I couldn't hold the camera still. It was a good experience and I am glad that I did it, but I did learn that I could never bungee jump or skydive.
Afterwards, we had lunch at a corner deli and did some more shopping. Then, it was time for dinner at Rosa Mexicano at Union Square. The food was scrumptious! They have wonderful guacamole and Pomegranite Margaritas. Yet another wonderful meal!
When we left there was a Fire Station across the street, so we stopped and had our picture taken and chatted a little while.
Sally and I had a later flight on Monday, so we scheduled a Circle Line Boat Tour to see Olafur Eliasson's Waterfall installation. It was pretty amazing. He took elements that you commonly see in New York city construction, like scaffolding, etc. to create massive waterfalls. It was a unique sight to see.

Then, it was back home. I absolutely can not wait to go back!

2 comments:

Sally said...

aaaaaahhhhh the memories!

Scarlett said...

ooooohhhhhhhh the jealousy.