Monday, November 24, 2008

Country Music

My taste in music is ALL OVER the place. If you took a peek at my music collection there would be something of everything except techno, I don't really dig that. When I'm in the car, I'm an XM or NPR girl, so I am not exposed to mainstream radio that much. But, the hubby has been listening to a lot of country radio in his car lately. He says it's better for the kids. Better than the station he was listening to, I will agree with that. Anything is an improvement over a song that talks about "licking like a lollipop", excuse the vulgarity, but that's what it says. Anyway, a few weeks ago I heard a country song that talked about fried chicken. I kind of did the internal eye roll and changed the station. Then I heard it again a few days later and listened and really liked it. Yes, it does talk about "drinking beer on a Friday night", but I can handle that. The kids love it and you really can not help but tap your foot and sing along.



I can't write a post about country music without plugging my dear friend Laura's brother, Pat Green. He has a new single out and it seems to be doing really well. He is a really nice guy that is so down-to-earth. I think it makes it so much easier to support artists when you know they are really good people. And good at what they do!

No comments: