Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adult ADD

I think I have it. But do you think there is a type that only affects how you clean your house? I find myself very unable to stay focused on one task where completing chores is concerned. I busted myself this morning in the midst of making the kids chocolate milk. I almost stopped before I even added the chocolate syrup to go make up my bed. Does that make any sense? I had a talk with myself, "D, do you really want to leave your children longing for chocolate milk while you go and make up the bed so that you can hear the lil' darlins screaming- where is my chocolate milk?". So, I proudly finished the task at hand and they are happily slurping up their milk. But, my bed is still not made. Instead, I sat down to write this. O.K., I'm going to do it now, right after I feed the dog. Is there a cure for this?

2 comments:

Sally said...

You don't have adult ADD - you have mommy brain! It will infect you until the kids are probably 15 or 16. It happens to all of us!

Unknown said...

You could make your bed as soon as you get up and then you don't have to think about it for the rest of the day. As for the rest, I'm still figuring it out myself.