Monday, October 20, 2008

I Heart NYC-Part 1


At the end of August, I took a girls trip to the Big Apple for a long weekend. It was so much fun. New York is one of my favorite cities. Although I have been to many more beautiful places in the world, there is something about the character of New York that I love. If you have been there you probably know what I mean. We all did our fair share of shopping, but there were plenty of other highlights.


Friday night we went to dinner at Stanton Social. It is on the Lower East Side and it's the type of place to see and be seen. Everything is served tapas style and although the music was a little loud, the food and service were impeccable! Just to make you a little hungry, we feasted on French Onion Dumplings, Maine Crab Cake Corndogs, Grilled Cheese Sliders, Zucchini Tempura, Old School Meatballs, Sauteed Spinach, Goat Cheese Ravioli and the Chocolate Tasting for dessert. Yum-O (can I say that without having to credit Rachael Ray). They bring you about three items at one time and by the time you are done with it, they are there to bring you more- very orchestrated. I did lots of research before this trip and I think this restaurant was a keeper. Here's my mom and her best friend Earlene at dinner.


On Saturday we headed out on the subway to Greenwich Village, where we picked up a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery (the place on Sex and the City). Sorry, Magnolia, but the cupcakes were not good. You know how I am about cupcakes and although the place is cute, it wasn't worth the time or money.

On to Soho and more shopping...then to Chinatown for some real Chinese food and not so real Ed Hardy t-shirts, Tiffany jewelry, Ray-Bans, the list goes on. Sally in Chinatown:For dinner Saturday night we had reservations at Trattoria Trecolori. Another glorious meal with perfect service. I had Veal with Eggplant, Prosciutto, Tomato and Cheese (can't remember what type of cheese, but it was good). I was thinking about the hubby during this entire meal because I knew he would of loved it!



That evening we went and saw 'In The Heights' on Broadway. As if I haven't raved enough..this show was really, really good. To top it off, we met the entire cast afterwards and got all of their autographs.









Stay tuned for Part 2...

4 comments:

Alison Purple said...

Yes - Mom said you girls had a blast. My mom looks like she had a blast on wine that night at dinner!!

Danielle said...

We did have fun, wish you could of joined us. We'll have to plan another trip!

Alison Purple said...

Yay! I just tagged you. You can see what to do on my blog...

Unknown said...

It's funny because 6 years later the same guy, Lin-Manuel Miranda, makes another musical about the life of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton that wins more awards than In the Heights and is just amazing and your daughters life. Also its your daughters dream to go see Hamilton and meet Lin.