Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christmas Lite


It is almost depressing to think about the holidays approaching in such horrible economic conditions. On the upside, I am sure there will be more sales than normal, so it may be possible to get that perfect gift for a steal. But on the downside, there are so many families struggling with uncertainty about the future. I feel like Santa's sleigh will be a little lighter this year for many people. A few years ago, our family tossed around the idea of anteing the money that we would spend on gifts for each other and give it to a worthy charity instead. We didn't end up following through, but maybe this year would be a good place to start. Does your family have any Christmas traditions that focus more on giving to those in need, encouraging togetherness and creating new experiences? I would love some ideas!

1 comment:

smallwash said...

I think that would be a great idea. I can't speak for everyone, but I know it would mean more to me than receiving. Maybe we can talk about it with everyone.