Friday, October 24, 2008

Lunch with my Dad


If I could have lunch today with my dad, I would catch him up on so many things..I would tell him all about his sweet pea (the oldest darlin') and how she is so smart and is doing so well in school. He would be so proud to know that when she made her top ten list of people she loves, she put God first. I would tell him how wonderful it is to have a house full of giggling girls and that even the lil' darlins know Johnny Cash. I would boost his ego by telling him that many people say that one of the darlins looks just like him. But more importantly, they each have a piece of his sweet spirit. He would be glad to know that they continue to get spoiled, usually by YaYa, she seems to have picked up where you left off. Jane and Barry planted an apple tree in your honor and the oldest darlin can always tell if there have been any changes to "Papa's tree". You would be excited to hear about me flying the trapeze and all the delicious food we ate in Italy. We would also have a good ole' talk about politics. That is something I miss the most, our talks. Your understanding and willingness to listen so whole-heartedly. Three years is a long time to go without seeing your smile or hearing your sincere voice. I so miss being your thirty-something little girl, but I feel your spirit everyday and see it in my beautiful family. I love you daddy.



5 comments:

smallwash said...

Your blog made me cry this morning. I too miss your Dad and realize what a great spirit is now void in our lives. I hope I too can remind the girls how special their grandfather was. He is greatly missed.
Love,
Gin

Alison Purple said...

ok...I have tears in my eyes! This was very touching. Your dad was such a special man with such an amazing heart!

Thank you for this post!

Sally said...

I feel the need to leave a comment to this post, but don't really know what to say. I'm sorry you are not able to have those lunches/talks with your dad.

brightvalleyjrts said...

Your dad is smiling down on you and those beautiful girls. He was such a dear sweet man. You have me in tears reading your blog.

Scarlett said...

What a beautiful post on your beautiful father. I've never known a father and daughter to be as close as the two of you were. I will always remember how he looked at you with so much love and respect.