Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carla Bruni

Back in September, I was intrigued by the Vanity Fair cover story on Carla Bruni. I used to have a strange fascination with the supermodels of the 90's, so I remember seeing her then. Now she is the first lady of France. By American standards, the most recent French Presidents have been highly scandalous in their affairs of the heart, but in France it is almost expected that politicians will have affairs (crazy, huh?). Reading about Carla Bruni and Nicolas Sarkozy is almost like getting swept up in a historical fiction novel, with her being this larger-than-life villain/heroine. If you're interested, read the article. (On a sidenote, the interview was done by Maureen Orth, the wife of the late Tim Russert.)

What I really wanted to share is her album, have you heard it? I love her voice, which sounds a lot different in English than French. There is something real and soulful that I really like about it. Have a listen, what do you think?

No comments: